Troubled Teen Options

Teen Boarding Schools In Iowa

Troubled Teen Boarding Schools are not found in every state. Every state has a unique set of laws associated with holding teens against their will. Some states will allow a youth to refuse service as young as age twelve. Many states still allow parents to make choices for their teens up until they reach the age of eighteen. There are no states that we know of that will permit parents to place an 18 year old against their will.

Troubled Teen Help for Parents

If you are looking for a troubled teen boarding school in Iowa and there is not one listed here, please give us a call and we will assist you with the closest school to you that we have in our database.

Teen Schools

If you are a school and would like to be listed here please complete this form for us to review.

Boarding School Listing Form
Your Website

Confirm Your Humanity
Web Form Code

Iowa State Information

The State of Iowa is a state in the Midwestern region of the United States of America, an area often referred to as the "American Heartland." It is bordered by Minnesota to the north, Wisconsin and Illinois to the east, Nebraska and South Dakota to the west, and Missouri to the south. It is the 29th state of the United States, having joined the Union on December 28, 1846. Iowa is comprised of 99 counties. Iowa's capital and largest city is Des Moines and its residents are known as Iowans.

Originally inhabited by the Ioway people, a Native American Siouan tribe, modern Iowa was a part of the French colony of New France. After the Louisiana Purchase, Iowa was settled by immigrants from Western Europe and Scandinavia, who laid the foundation for a farming and agriculture-based economy which continues to this day. It is officially known as the Hawkeye State, and unofficially known as the "Tall Corn State."

Useful State Numbers And Information

* For emergencies in most areas dial 911

* Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-800-5556

* Missing Children 1-800-831-8953 (State Police)

* Child Support Bureau 1-800-840-8757

* State Institutional Child Protection 1-800-562-2407

* Family Help-Line 1-800-433-0746

* State Information Center 1-800-457-8283

* Family Support Services 1-800-622-4932

* American Public Human Services Association (APHSA) 1133 Nineteenth Street, NW Suite 400 Washington, DC 20036 Phone: (202) 682-0100 Fax: (202) 289-6555

* Childhelp® 15757 North 78th Street Scottsdale, AZ 85260 Phone: (480) 922-8212 Fax: (480) 922-7061 TDD: (800) 2AC-HILD Toll-Free: (800) 4AC-HILD

* Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA) 500 North Michigan Avenue Suite 200 Chicago, IL 60611 Phone: (312) 663-3520 Fax: (312) 939-8962